- BumblePuppy Press
- Sorta Fact
- Sorta Fiction
- Catching up on
- Pop Life at the National Gallery of Canada reviewed
- Pop Life at the National Gallery reviewed
- The Walrus, revisited - the dumbing of the beast
- Live Shows
- Music (Recorded)
- July 16, 2011 - July 31, 2011
- Shorten URLs
- July 3, 2011 - July 15, 2011
- Presenting ... BumblePuppy Press
- June 16, 2011 - June 30, 2011
Ernie and Bert: Still subversive after all these years
Submitted by Geoffrey Dow on Tue, 2011-06-14 10:00
Spread the word!
Secret in plain sight
It's no secret that, despite the official denials, most of us suspect there has been a lot more than innocent sleeping going on in the bedroom of Sesame Street's Ernie and Bert.
The odd couple of American children's television were clearly part of the broader movement for personal liberation that has swept the globe since the 1960s, and kudos to the former Children's Television Workshop for daring to portray the love of one man-puppet for another.
Yet somehow, another revolutionary transgression has, to my knowledge, gone completely unnoticed. You know you're curious. Click — click, I tells ya!